At the moment. I would consider underground artists as anyone who isn’t getting regular play on the radio (but honestly I don’t even listen to the radio that much so don’t quote me). So, lately I’ve been real into this type of r&b bad girl vibe feel like Summer Walker (she’s not on this list I don’t really consider her underground). But girls who sing about sex, drugs and whatever else and not just love. I don’t know being in my late 20’s and going through romantic relationships that whole love me and I can’t live without you thing doesn’t appeal to me. But maybe I’m just growing through a phase or realizing I don’t really need a man – probably a little bit of both. The other half of this list is my love for reggae type of music with 2 artists from Nigeria with that whole tropical vibe going on. These are the artists I’m digging right now and the songs I feel like you need to be familiar with from them.
- Iamddb: I’ve recently become obsessed with this singer and I love her smooth soulful voice but I love it more that she’s not singing about needing a mans love. She makes songs that give you confidence and hype you up. She calls her sound a fusion of trap and jazz. Listen to: shade, xox & urban jazz live.
- Ojerime: bad girl r&b tracks. Like late 90s early 2000s bad girl r&b vibes. Reminds me a little bit of Aaliyah. Just really in love with her sound. I like love songs that are a lil dirty. A lil gritty and that’s what you get with this artist. Listen to: turn you off, 56 plate corsa & handle.
- Santi: this Nigerian artist has all these summery chill vibes that I love. Roll your hips music. And honestly every time I hear a track it puts me in a better mood and I just want to get up and dance the bs away. Listen to: sparky, rapid fire, freaky. Also check out his new album that’s being released on May 17th.
- Dizzy Fae: She’s like electric pop/r&b. Idk but her sound is fun it’s experimental and different. And her raspy high voice over upbeat sounds is all I need on a hot humid summery afternoon. Her sound kind of reminds me of a soft 80s electric feel. Listen to: lifestyle, baby pillz, & indica.
- Odunsi: I’ve had one of his songs on a monthly playlist and have been infatuated with his music ever since. He’s another Nigerian artist and is apart of the alte scene out there which is for the youth doing new bold things in music and fashion. His sound is really a whole vibe and is perfect for relaxed chill summer nights. Listen to: tipsy, rare, & star signs.
Also here’s a little playlist with all the suggested songs from these artists.
Back with another playlist and I really like this one. I know I like them all since I make them but this one is really bomb. It’s like relaxed chill music with a few turnt songs sprinkled in. And it’s March so in Atl that means the weather it’s about to improve and get real sunny and warm by the end of the month. I’m so ready. Enjoy this playlist see everyone soon!
☘️🍀 March Madness 🍀🍀
photo is from @geraldlovell on Instagram who is an artist based in Atlanta.
Can’t believe its already a new month feels like the closer we get to fall the faster summer is moving along. This is one of my favorite playlists I’ve put together (I feel like this about most of them though so not saying much). I just love listening to new music and sometimes the oddest songs go really well together on shuffle. There are a few mellower songs on this playlist but probably because I’ve been feeling a little more emotional and intune with my emotions than usual (guess I have the Pisces full moon to thank for that) but I’m also feeling really grounded with this Virgo energy, so yeah. I always feel like transitioning into fall is weird its like getting off a really nice high (summer) but I’m ready for fall because I feel like I always grow so much during the fall and winter months as its a period of looking in more than out like summer is.
Anyway, I’m rambling. This is a good playlist listen to it. Tell me what you all think and as always suggest songs for me to listen to for the next playlist.