Here’s June’s playlist which is a very sexual one when I made it i must’ve been in a mood. Also I named the playlist Strawberry cause my birthday is the 17th and it’s the strawberry full moon. But I had fun with this playlist and even have a lil visual I’ll be posting tomorrow for it.
Here’s the link.
At the moment. I would consider underground artists as anyone who isn’t getting regular play on the radio (but honestly I don’t even listen to the radio that much so don’t quote me). So, lately I’ve been real into this type of r&b bad girl vibe feel like Summer Walker (she’s not on this list I don’t really consider her underground). But girls who sing about sex, drugs and whatever else and not just love. I don’t know being in my late 20’s and going through romantic relationships that whole love me and I can’t live without you thing doesn’t appeal to me. But maybe I’m just growing through a phase or realizing I don’t really need a man – probably a little bit of both. The other half of this list is my love for reggae type of music with 2 artists from Nigeria with that whole tropical vibe going on. These are the artists I’m digging right now and the songs I feel like you need to be familiar with from them.
- Iamddb: I’ve recently become obsessed with this singer and I love her smooth soulful voice but I love it more that she’s not singing about needing a mans love. She makes songs that give you confidence and hype you up. She calls her sound a fusion of trap and jazz. Listen to: shade, xox & urban jazz live.
- Ojerime: bad girl r&b tracks. Like late 90s early 2000s bad girl r&b vibes. Reminds me a little bit of Aaliyah. Just really in love with her sound. I like love songs that are a lil dirty. A lil gritty and that’s what you get with this artist. Listen to: turn you off, 56 plate corsa & handle.
- Santi: this Nigerian artist has all these summery chill vibes that I love. Roll your hips music. And honestly every time I hear a track it puts me in a better mood and I just want to get up and dance the bs away. Listen to: sparky, rapid fire, freaky. Also check out his new album that’s being released on May 17th.
- Dizzy Fae: She’s like electric pop/r&b. Idk but her sound is fun it’s experimental and different. And her raspy high voice over upbeat sounds is all I need on a hot humid summery afternoon. Her sound kind of reminds me of a soft 80s electric feel. Listen to: lifestyle, baby pillz, & indica.
- Odunsi: I’ve had one of his songs on a monthly playlist and have been infatuated with his music ever since. He’s another Nigerian artist and is apart of the alte scene out there which is for the youth doing new bold things in music and fashion. His sound is really a whole vibe and is perfect for relaxed chill summer nights. Listen to: tipsy, rare, & star signs.
Also here’s a little playlist with all the suggested songs from these artists.
May’s playlist is here. And it’s an intense – deep feeling one but that’s the mood I’ve been in lately.
Photography: Xuebing Du
New playlist is up on my Spotify if you search “Samanthaliana” I’ll pop up but I’ll also post the link here for everyone too. Check it out and follow my Spotify. Leave me recommendations for the next playlist.
Back with another playlist and I really like this one. I know I like them all since I make them but this one is really bomb. It’s like relaxed chill music with a few turnt songs sprinkled in. And it’s March so in Atl that means the weather it’s about to improve and get real sunny and warm by the end of the month. I’m so ready. Enjoy this playlist see everyone soon!
☘️🍀 March Madness 🍀🍀
photo is from @geraldlovell on Instagram who is an artist based in Atlanta.